So... the world is not in a good place (I mean, it has been a difficult week for humanity); and I want to throw some positivity out there. I haven't felt so good this week, so I actually need this right now.
We think we live in a world of hate, and maybe that's the truth. Maybe we -the ones who think love, respect and diversity are the important things in life- are the exception. There's a chance I am right when I say humans are naturally evil. And whether I am right or not, I also think we can change.
The truth is all these human beings ruled by hate (yes, the ones who are in charge of the world now) are so sad inside. You have to feel so bad to think someone is sick for who he/she loves, or less than a human because of the colour of his/her skin. Hate is such a horrendous feeling, and it only affects the ones who feel it.
I've changed so much in the last few years. I've learned love is so powerful for you as a person, it makes you feel so much happy. It is like magic, like sending a sign of hope to the rest of the world. I am a mixed-race woman and I love myself so much, nobody is gonna change that. I've grown up knowing I have to stand up for what I need, it makes me fight back.
I've cried a lot during these days seeing and reading these sad stories about how people feel like they are in danger now, and how they've lost all hope. That is so sad and it destroys me as human. However, the vast mayority of my generation has an open mind, and we can fight against this hopeless situation. I tend to be a negative person, but I like to believe I live in a world of light; that I can help.
I am a feminist becuase the other option is called stupidity, and it feels like they are hating us women these days more than usual (and that tends to be a lot...). Withall, little girls out there need to understand they are not less than anybody, not now, not ever. I've been sad these days, but I am also happy. I am so proud of the human being I've become; and I know my 12-year-old self would be very proud of me. That is something to smile about.
Okay, I don't know if this was useful but I am just throwing some light out there. We need it right now. Stand up, take a deep breath, keep fighting.
See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment