After all these months in which I
have not been focus on music, November has been THE month. I have quite a few
things to talk about, because I’ve been listening to a lot of music while fighting against university writing (Nanowrimo, I will talk about it next week).
First of all, I have to talk about a
song which is stuck in my head. Have you see “Medici: Masters of Florence”? Well, you should. It only has eight
episodes, so it is perfect for this Christmas… I am talking about this because
the main song of the show is amazing and I cannot stop listening to it. It is
called “Renaissance” and its sung by Skin -who has this amazing voice-, and
composed by Paolo Buonvino. It is a
weird song in a way, but I adore it.
The second thing I have to talk
about is the album called “Jazz loves
Disney” which it’s sung by a ton of singers (Jamie Cullum, Gregory Porter...) who sing famous Disney songs
with jazz music. I was not aware of the existence of this album and I am pretty
obsessed with it. I cannot pick just one song, but the version of “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo” in French is unbelievably
beautiful.
The most important thing for me this
month (musically speaking) has been this amazing playlist I did earlier in the
month. There’s a bunch of rock, pop-rock, indie-rock, alternative-rock… What
songs are in this playlist? Well, there are some from The Cure, Phoenix, The Killers, Arctic
Monkeys, The Black Keys, some Spanish singers… but thanks to it, I’ve
discover some people I didn’t know about. Cage
The Elephant is one of these bands I didn’t know and their songs are so good. I
am obsessed with “Ain’t no rest for the
wicked” and “Come a little closer”. What
else? Oh! The other day I was listening to the radio and I discovered this Spanish
band. They’ve released their first album quite recently and they’ve calmed me
thought this chaotic month. They are called Barbott and I recommend all the songs, but “Boyfriend” is the one stuck in my head.
I think that´s all. It has been a
difficult month but music has helped to get through it.
See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment