Friday, 2 December 2016

Hello December: Goodbye 2016!

Credits to the owner on Tumblr

So… here we go, that’s it: the last month of the year. I am not going to talk about the illusion time is and all those things I tend to talk about on and on. So, instead I’ll talk about November. It has been, by far, the most chaotic month of the whole year.

It’s been complicated because I don’t know how we’ve done all these things for uni in time; but we’ve managed to do it (and it is difficult when everybody in a group has a lack of motivation). But things are working, I think… so that is the important.

NaNoWrimo! If you don’t know what this is, it’s a challenge in which you compromise to write 50.000 words  (a part of a novel) during November. I’ve said it multiple times, I love to read and write and I’ve been writing this “novel” for over a year, so it was perfect for me. The idea is quite easy: you have to write 1,667 words per day and you’ll get to the end of the month with the total. However, when you are doing a hundred million things at the same time, it is quite difficult. 

I started it quite easy, I wrote more than 1667 per day, so it was okay. If I was unable to write for a day, I managed to do it the next one, so it was quite achievable for me. I made a list with ideas of things I wanted to write about and I knew how I wanted them to happen. Sadly, last week I lost all track. I didn’t have any time at all and this Sunday I was eight thousand words behind. When I started it I said “It is the first time I try this, it is okay if I don’t finish it” but the truth was I was compromised to the challenge, and I wanted to accomplish it. So I started writing, and Monday evening I was four thousand words behind the scheduled, so I kept writing and writing… The final day, Wednesday the 30th, I had to write three thousand words… and I did it, during November I write a total of 50.007 words.

The results are incredible, I’ve written over a hundred pages and the story is quite different from what I imagined at first, but I really love what I am writing. The truth is, I couldn’t be prouder of myself; and that is such a beautiful feeling.

I totally recommend this if you want to write, if you like it, if you want to challenge yourself… I don’t know, I think it is such an amazing opportunity. 

I don’t know if I have more things to say. Actually, yes. I know we are in December already but it feels like it’s been Christmas since September, and I adore Christmas but I also adore autumn and it’s like it doesn’t exist anymore,.We need to stop it.

Okay, enough complaining for the day. I don’t know if I am going to be able to write anything in here during the first weeks of December (because I have exams) but I’ll try it!

See you soon!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment