Well, hello there. It’s been quite a long time since I don’t talk about music. So… here we go again! It’s not much but I really want to talk about these songs.
First of all, I need
to talk about “La La Land” (we will
leave aside that fiasco in the Oscars and the fact Ryan Gosling did not win
that well deserved award). I watched
the movie some weeks ago and, even though I didn't think it is the most perfect
movie ever made (as everybody was saying earlier this year), I really liked it.
However, as the rest of the world, I adore that
amazing soundtrack. It is so well made and it makes you feel a hundred
different things with only one song. Of course, I adore “City of Stars” and “A Lovely
Night” (I mean, Ryan Gosling…); but “Mia
and Sebastian’s Theme” and “Epilogue”…
those are my favourites. I mean, I cry with them. These songs say so many things:
love, sadness, frustration, happiness…
When I first listened to “Cherry Wine” by Hozier,
I did not know the background behind it (though, you can understand quite a lot
with the lyrics…). Once you know the reason of the song (it was made to raise
awareness against domestic abuse), it becomes a hundred times stronger than
before. I totally get why everybody would get overwhelmed by it, but I
completely adore it.
Last, but not least, “Fences” by Sunburns. I
listened to this song for the first time some time ago and, without any reason
in particular, I’ve been listening to it a lot these past few weeks.
Oh, apart from that, I’ve been listening to some Spanish
bands and singers like Izal (l
listened to their concert live on the radio the other day and it was absolutely
amazing) and Marcos Cao.
So, that is it! I have nothing left to say…
(such an interesting human being I am…). See you soon!!

No comments:
Post a Comment