I didn’t write about music in December
(because, to be honest, the only thing I did was studying) but here I am. Once again, these are not necessarily new songs or revolutionary music that
anybody has ever listened to; these are the songs I’ve been obsessed with, this
month. Once that is said: New Year, new music… Here we go!
1. Adele – “All I Ask”: Actually, I want to talk about “25” because (and even though I know it is quite late to say this) it is such an amazing album. Adele is an incredible singer; I mean, what is wrong with you if you don’t like her? I haven’t had time to listen to the whole album during Christmas (when I had it planned). However, when I watched her in the Late late show with James Corden (another human being that I love) I knew I had to listen to it.
2. X ambassadors - “Renegades”: This song puts me in a good mood. The music is great, the lyrics are not bad at all… I just love it. I listened to it in a TV commercial and since that day, I cannot stop listening to it. I don’t know, it makes me feel relaxed.
3. Mikky Ekko –
“Time”: every single song made by
this man ends up being a song I love. The lyrics are completely beautiful (I
mean, so beautiful). To be honest, all these songs are perfect to listen to when you need to have some time for yourself; when you just want to listen to music and leave the world behind.
4. Agnes Obel – “The curse”: I feel like I’ve talked about this woman multiple times but the thing is, I love her music. She sings lovely, and the instruments are great (I mean the piano, the cello and the violin are absolutely awesome).
5. BØRNS - “10.000 Emerald Pools”: I already told you that for me, TV shows are one the best places to find music because they use great songs (most of the times). I listened to this song long ago but the other day, after finding it in the list I have in my phone, I got obsessed with it; it is so beautiful, and the lyrics are so good.
6. David Bowie: Because it is something that has to be made. Last week was a horrendous one for the artistic world (even though I felt so sad for Bowie, Alan Rickman’s lost was heart-breaking for me). My mum has been a Bowie fan since forever, so it was such a sad day. However, we’ve spent the whole week listening to his albums and it has been quite beautiful. His mind was unbelievably amazing. Music is what it is because of people like him.
So… that’s it. See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment