"New year, new me" We surely have listened or said that phrase a lot of times through the years. Where does this come from? Why do we say it? It is actually quite surprising how we all expect some kind of change; something different in our lives.
![]() |
| Credits to the owner on Tumblr |
It is noticeable how, when January comes, we all have the necesity of change; how we all pretend we are new human beings and also, our lives are going to be different.
The truth is, our lives change in the most unexpected moments; and although routine is my worst enemy, we can not plan what is going to happen.
If you have planned some resolutions and within a month they are all forgotten, that is okay. Maybe this is not the right time; maybe June is the perfect month for it.
You are probably wondering "Why are you writing about this?", and the truth is I felt (and I still feel) overwhelmed by the fact that everything is the same. I hate how good things are so difficult to find; and how routine is the most boring and frequent thing in our lives.
Nobody knows what is going to happen, and somehow, that is a good thing. Life is unexpected, sometimes sad and heartbreaking, but it can be good too. I am actually trying to think about the good things rather than the bad ones. Let's see how it goes...
Happy new year!
Follow me on Twitter and Istagram :)
Nobody knows what is going to happen, and somehow, that is a good thing. Life is unexpected, sometimes sad and heartbreaking, but it can be good too. I am actually trying to think about the good things rather than the bad ones. Let's see how it goes...
Happy new year!
Follow me on Twitter and Istagram :)

No comments:
Post a Comment