Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Being an adult is not fun and some other things I've learned since I am 20

This picture was taken more than three years ago, but I think it suits here...
Well, hello. First of all, I’ve been legally an adult for two years now (time flies... it's crazy); it is just, I am starting to feel like one now. The change of number, even though it is actually ridiculous, has been huge for me. One day I was a young lady who was only 19 years old; and now that “2” has appeared and I feel different.

Okay, that was a little bit idiot, but I am trying to make a point in here. I don't really want to make calls, send emails, official papers, things related to the bank (that I don’t even know how they are called) doctor appointments… One day you are breathing easily and the next one you have to find a job (because you need money) and people start asking things like “what are you going to do with your future?”, “when are you going to get a boyfriend?”, “how is UNI going?” … and it is not funny.

That is what I am trying to say. The change between seventeen and eighteen was not that big of a change for me; I mean it was exciting but in that moment you feel more or less the same. However, in time you realize everything is different now. I am no longer a kid, how did that happened?

It is a period of time full on changes (I already knew that) but it is crazy how I seem to have plenty of responsibilities now. I hate them. I want to be a five-year-old again! I am completely sure every single human being has felt, will feel or feels right now the same. 

It is exciting in a way, becoming an adult, you know… (I think that excitement lasted like two minutes, but they were some amazing minutes…) but it messes up with your head sooo much. It comes with good things, I guess; I am starting to realize what I want to do for a living (it is quite difficult to achieve, though), a decision that should not be made in rush and just because you are leaving school…

Just to make clear what I wanted to say, life is difficult and being a child is so underrated when you are, in fact, a child. I wish I could tell my little self that time is the most enjoyable one of a lifetime. However, it comes with your life, you have to grow up. A lot of beautiful things come with it… I just need to find them!

See you soon!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment