I feel like I’ve been so busy this first part of the year. I haven’t done much apart from University stuff. That is why I haven’t talked about music or makeup that much, and the main topic has been my life (and my feelings in consequence). However, May has been the month in which I have been able to sit down to listen to the music I haven’t been able to listen to during the year.
Rihanna and Drake have released some incredible albums. I think Rihanna’s album has the essence she had quite a long time ago; and I love that. And what can I say about Drake? I love his songs but the background of the music in this album is genuinely amazing. I am currently obsessed with "Too Good".
There is one woman I’ve talked about a lot, and she is Adele. To be honest, I hadn’t been able to listen to “Send my Love (to Your New Lover)” and since they are playing it on radios… I am so obsessed. It is so “Ed Sheeran” because it is just a guitar and her voice… every single song in that album is unbelievably good.
Oh dear, I have to talk about “Cleopatra” by The Lumineers. I can’t find the right words to describe the perfection of this album, but my favourite song is “Ophelia”. It is the most perfect song I’ve listened to in a long time. The music, the voice, the rhythm… I could be listening to it forever.
What else…? I don’t know. I have listened to a lot of Twenty One Pilots, The Last Shadow Puppets, Vance Joy, Hozier, Nick Jonas (the ghost of my younger self has possessed me). A lot of people and songs and albums… and for some reason I love it.
I am so happy with the music I’ve been listening to this month; I mean I’ve made a Spotify’s playlist and I don’t do that on a regular basis. It feels like I am starting to be “me” again after all these things I’ve been having to do for Uni.
See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment