Tuesday, 23 August 2016

FAVOURITE MUSIC: August '16



So, it feels unreal, but this month I’ve finally listened to something which has not been written by Lin-Manuel Miranda… I always get obsessed over something during summer, and “Hamilton” has been my obsession this year. What have I been listening to? Well, a lot of indie music I’ve already talked about in here. However, I can talk about a few new songs.

If I am talking about new music, I have to talk about “Blond” by Frank Ocean. The world has been waiting for it like crazy and it is finally here. I’ve only listened to a few of the songs (because I have not had any kind of access to the Internet) but, I mean, it is Frank Ocean… It’s completely amazing.

What else can I talk about? Oooh… the other day I listened to this beautiful song called “Wicked Game” two times in a row in completely different places, and I took it as a sign (this song has been quite important for me through the whole week). I don’t really like the original version of the song, but the one I am in love with is sung by James Vincent McMorrow. His voice is completely beautiful, I must tell. I’ve been listening to a few of his songs and I just love them. 

I know I am late to the party with this one, but Alicia Keys has come back with this amazing song called “In Common” and I am, like the rest of the world, obsessed with it. It is so different to her previous style but I really like the music and the rhythm.

So… I think that is it. The summer is going to say goodbye soon and I don't know how I feel. I will talk about it next week. See you soon! 

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment