Wednesday, 14 September 2016

I DON'T BUY MAKEUP AS I USED TO... AND THERE'S A REASON FOR IT


This blog used to be mainly about makeup, that’s a fact. However, and even though I want to continue talking about it, there’s nothing new I can wirte about. I started the year with the thought of writing about my favourite makeup products throughout the month, but I have barely bought things in these nine months. My makeup routine is more or less the same, and I don’t actually have the intention to change it.

The truth is, there are a few reasons for it. I don’t need any more makeup. I am not a model nor a makeup artist or an actress; as much as I want to, I don’t need five concealers. It got to a point in which I was throwing unused stuff (because it was out of date). The amount of money I spend on things that are not fully used is unbelievable (and I am not in a position in which I can spend money that way). That is the reason why I’ve decided to buy only the necessary. In nine months I’ve purchased two lipsticks, an eyeliner and a concealer (and I think that is a lot, to be honest; but I used to buy a lot more than that). 

There is another reason I cannot stop thinking about. I am a truly defender of animal rights and the things they do to test products are horrendous. I wish we could know more about how they elaborate products and about how they test them. I am trying to be conscious about the brands I buy, but the truth is we cannot buy a lot of products from cruelty-free makeup brands in here. So if I cannot stop using them, at least I’ll use the strictly necessary.

I use makeup almost every day, but I don’t write about it as much as I used to. However, If I purchase something new or special, I will talk about it for sure. At the end of the day, I adore makeup...

See you soon!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment