I am aware I always talk about how time flies. If I look back at the last two years, a lot of things have changed; most of which are now in a better place than before. However, I am scared of a lot of things related to my future. Finding a job, looking for something to specialize in… There a lot of things I cannot control yet (and I am a control freak…).
I am in my third year at University and everything feels different now. I say so because, in two days, every single professor is talking about the job we should have or we are going to have (if we are lucky enough, because our economy has not been in a good place since forever).
I didn't want to start Uni because this August has been such a good month; but it's been a week and I am already used to the routine. At the same time, there are a few things that make me feel… not weird, but different. Summer 2017 may be my last summer as a student. I mean, I am going to continue studying after University for sure, but I have to find a real job; a job that suits a proper grown up (and that is completely scary).
The other day we were talking about the fact you can “smell” all the new students. They start their first year with all this hopes and dreams and, at the same time, fears; and those things disappear quite soon. I have been thinking about University for most of my life and I only have two years left (one and a half, to be precise).
I feel old, and I think that is something I am not going to stop feeling… not now, not ever. I mean, I am 20; I know I am young… but there are a lot of things I will never feel for the first time again, and it is bittersweet. It is such an ordinary feeling and this new positive attitude makes me think there are a lot of things yet to come.
See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment