Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Let's talk about food: my experience with meal planning!


Hi! So, I am a crazy planner. I love to plan every single aspect of my life, and even though I am conscious of how unhealthy it is, I cannot help it. This year, my mum and I are more occupied so we needed to have a little bit more order, that is why we started planning our lunch. 

The thing is quite simple: every Thursday we plan our menu for the week and we go to the groceries store that same day. Even though we go and buy some things when we need them during the week, that day is the one we reserve to buy all the things we plan.

I think I’ve talked about it in a previous occasion but I am so interested in healthy stuff at the moment, so our menu is based on variety. As I don’t really like meat, we don’t eat it that much. We have days in which we eat fish, vegetarian days (for example: the dish in the background of the image is a pizza in which the crust is only made with cauliflower... it is delicious) and, in some cases, we eat meat (and in my vocabulary that means chicken or turkey).

Dinner is not planned but it follows the same system I established in our lunch, so it is quite balanced.

We write this all in a white board we’ve put in our kitchen and everything is more efficient now. I am aware crazy planning, in the way I do it, will soon be catalogued as a mental illness; but I adore it!

Life is chaotic, I don’t know how adults do it.

See you soon!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment