Tuesday, 23 December 2014

TOP EIGHT: MY FAVOURITE MUSIC OF 2014

Instead of doing this thing where I speak about my favourite song and blah blah blah, I’ve decided I am going to talk about bands and singers I have get obsessed with in 2014 (and this happens a lot; so get ready, this is a long one…). 



-Catfish and the bottlemen: this is a new discovery. I listened to them for the first time a few weeks ago (at the BBC music awards) and I fell in love. English rock is so important for me and they are incredible. If you like this type of music you should check them out. 

-Ed Sheeran: he is completely amazing and the best songwriter at the moment. He is not new for me or the world, but he is a must. I have to talk about him because I went to his concert a month ago (OMG time flies) and I cannot believe what I lived there, it is beyond description.  

-Arctic Monkeys: I mean they haven’t drop an album this year but they are amazing and this has been my “Arctic Monkeys year” (I think that’s a great name). Spotify has told me they are my favourite band… that has to mean something, for sure.

-The Vamps: I’ve known them for two years and a half but this year they have released their first album and I am really proud of what they have achieved. And also, I’ve gone to one of their gigs and they are great.


-Sam Smith: I heard about him for the first time at The Brit Awards and I fell in love with his song “Nirvana”. I have been loving him since there. I am so proud of what he has achieved this year.


-5 Seconds of Summer: to be honest, I didn’t like them that much last year; and this one, they have became one of my biggest obsessions… I cannot wait to go to their concert next year!

-London Grammar: Another one from the Brit Awards. Beautiful music and beautiful voices you should totally listen to something from them (You’ll love it).

-The 1975: even though I’ve been listening to their songs for more than a year, 2014 has been my "indie kind of year" and I’ve listened to the 1975 A LOT. If you don’t know them (I don’t even know if that’s possible) listen to them, PLEASE.  

This is my top eight, but it doesn’t mean I only listen to them. My entire live would have no sense without music. Definitely, these are the ones that have become important for me in 2014, but there are a lot of bands and singers that have been important in my life for so long; and I wanted to write about the new ones. Hope you like it!


Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment