Wednesday, 24 June 2015

SADNESS

credits to the owner on Tumblr
It is worrying how most of young people are haunted by sadness. It is even worse how a lot of people are in love with the idea of it. Being sad for no reason is, actually, quite horrible.

I assume it is difficult to understand it because every single mind is different. If you have not experienced it, you may think I am crazy or overreacting. That is what most people think when you say you feel sad: “What do you mean when you say “sad”?” When we are kids they teach us that emotions  are things you feel in some indicated moments (angry, nervous, surprised...), that happiness is a normal thing. Nobody tells you bad feelings can be permanent.

What I feel most worried about is that people aim to be sad. This “indie lifestyle” makes them want to be sad and depressed (Tumblr is a proof of it). That is completely horrible. For me, what I want to achieve in my life is being able to be truly happy. Being sad is not beautiful, romantic or “indie”, it is hurtful. Happiness is what we should be looking for.

I think what most of us need is someone to talk without being judged. Speaking about my own experience, I think my biggest problem is that everybody thinks I am so independent and strong. And even though I am, I need people to help me to change the things I cannot change by myself.

Being sad it’s not an aim, it is, indeed, sad. Happiness is something quite difficult to achieve and we are wasting our lives doing things we hate or things we are not good at, just because that is what the world is expecting from us. We should let people do whatever they want to do: “Grow up, study, go to university, get married, have kids…” that is not something everybody wants and that is okay. It is okay to want to be a dancer or a musician or a doctor or a bartender, as long as you feel happy with yourself.

OMG, what is this? I needed to write it, but I promise you the next post is not going to be as sad and boring as this one is. See you soon!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment