Sunday, 26 June 2016

FAVOURITE MUSIC: June '16


When I started the month, there were a few songs I wanted to talk about (you know, I told you last month about finding the music I have not been able to find during the year…). However, something has eclipsed my month, it has actually eclipsed my life: I think about it during both day and night. I have fallen in love… with a musical. And even though I’ve been previously obsessed with songs from musicals like “Don’t rain on my parade” or “Seasons of love”, it has never been like this.

Okay, let’s finish this introduction. “Hamilton” is this splendid masterpiece created by the amazing Lin-Manuel Miranda. I’ve been listening to the songs on and on for almost the entire month; in fact, I dream with the songs, they are the soundtrack of my life now... Also, I have to say the cast (I am obsessed with most of them, not gonna lie) is incredible; I mean, I don’t have words to describe it. The combination between all the music styles, the dancing styles, history (one of my passions), the innovation, it is unbelievably perfect! 

I cannot pick a favourite -I love all the songs-, but if I have to talk about one in particular is “Wait for it”. It is a beautiful, beautiful song sung by Leslie Odom Jr. (who has a magnificent voice).

I cry everyday (I mean, I don't actually cry, but you get the point) because I am poor and I cannot go to New York nor afford the ticket to watch it... However, it is my main aspiration in life right now.

What else…? Not much, actually. I’ve been listening to some songs from “Lemonade” by the great Queen B (aka Beyoncé). Great and sad album at the same time. Oh, and Birdy. For some reason I hadn't listened to "Keeping your head up" and it is such a beautiful song. I am thinking about going to her concert later this year… I don’t know, we’ll see. 

Okay, I think that is all. See you soon!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment