Saturday, 27 September 2014

BEING NEW IN UNI


People around me know that there has been an enormous thought in my mind this summer: “what is going to happen in University?”. There’ll be one day, when if you look for shy on the internet, my picture will be the first result. I am terrified when I have to meet people or when I have to talk with people I don’t know… Imagine how I felt when I had to face the first day of uni. In the presentation (a week before the start of the classes) I spoke with three people and I think I said four words. I was completely terrified; I even cried more than once that week because I didn’t want to go to a place where I was going to be alone.

I had to have so much strength to go to university the first day… but I did it. I had more than an hour on the train to  think about everything ten times; and  once I get there… I was alone. Thankfully at the end of the day I had met some incredible people and right now I can say that I am proud of me. Yes, I am proud of me because I have friends apart from my childhood friends and I never thought I would be able of that. I also have to say that I am happier than I was and that is a big step. I am not saying that I am the happiest person alive but, I am better than last year and that’s a great place to start.

About subjects and teachers: there are things that I love and (of course), there are things that I don’t like (as every single people in the world). The difference is that I picked this; and so far I am happy with my decision. I can not say that in three months or even a year I will think the same; but for now (and that’s what I have to think about: “now” ) I think this is a good choice. There is something I’ve been telling everybody this week and I think is totally true: “If I don’t like it, I won’t do it”. If I have to do something in my life, I want to do it because I am happy with it; and not because something or someone is forcing me to do it.

I think September has been a good month. A few weeks ago, when I wrote “wake me up when September comes” I didn’t know what was going to happen. Now I can say that I’ve met great people in UNI, I’ve faced my “antisocial side” and I’ve also been wearing boots! What else can I ask for?

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

See you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment