Hi! So, although this is a book review, I want
to tell you a little bit about what this book means to me. Alexa Chung is one
of my role models. Even though I will never be a model and I would
never be as gorgeous as she is, Alexa is such a big inspiration for me.
I’ve already talked about how I want to
dedicate my life to fashion and these few weeks I have been thinking about some
stuff I could do to get what I want (sadly, I cannot do it now because 1. I
don’t have money; 2. I don’t know the right people). Anyway, this is not
what I wanted to talk about. The thing is, Alexa Chung is always in these big
fashion events and she always looks great (even though sometimes I don’t agree
with her fashion taste). That is something she talks about in her book, when it
comes to fashion, you can have your own and different opinion.
She talks about how she found her style and I
think that is something I struggle with. The whole
book is about her experience becoming an “it
girl” and how she found her own style. I have a lot of insecurities and I
think I will never see me in a good way, because I am so judgemental when it
comes to me (don’t get me wrong, I am not saying I hate myself, I am just saying I am not the kindest person
with me. It’s a fact that every human being judges himself). What I am trying
to say is, even this gorgeous person has had to suffer a process in order
to find herself, and that is something every single human being needs to do.
So, the main thing here was the book. It is
great if you love fashion and definitely, if Alexa is a role model for you. She
speaks about her early life, how she found beauty, how she became a model and
about normal things in life (such as break ups, music and movies…). It also has
great pictures and I totally recommend it if you are interested in fashion.
To sum up, she has taught me that it doesn’t
matter if you are model or an ordinary person, at the end of the day, you are
going to need to find who you really are and how do you want to express it.
See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment