Monday, 29 February 2016

FAVOURITE MUSIC: February '16



I have not a lot of music to talk about this month. I’ve been sick or in fashion shows (where I’ve heard a lot of Bowie, A LOT). Leaving that aside, let’s talk about Adele. I know, January was Adele’s month in this blog; but let’s face it, she is perfect. Nobody can stop listening to her. In addition, even though the Grammys performance was not the best (something that shows she is human as the rest of us), the one from the Brits was absolutely stunning.

Continuing with the English people, Coldplay was amazing in the Super Bowl (am I the only one who feels like the Superbowl was forever ago?). I don’t really like how they sing live because Chris Martins’ voice tries to be louder than the music and it is horrendous, but they were quite good in the halftime of the Super Bowl (let’s not talk about Bruno Mars and Beyoncé because they were perfect and I adore them…). Since I watch them in there, I’ve been listening to their songs. I had not heard them in a while and I’ve been pretty much obsessed with “Yellow” the whole month.

What else, what else, what else… the radio! I tend to listen to the radio a lot every day; but I have left behind all these pop radio stations (I feel so old and I am only 19...). However, I've found myself listening to young pop music… and Zara Larsson is one of those girls. “Lush life” is a song full of life and for some reason, I like it.

Okay, let’s talk about different music (well, not so different; but you get it). “Let it all go” by Birdy and Rhodes is beautiful. I was going to talk about this song in January but for some reason I didn’t do it. The meaning of the song is so powerful, I really like it.

Apart from all of this, I’ve heard a lot of Rihanna because they play her songs everywhere and the world is obsessed with her. It has been a long time since I don't call myself a fan of her, but I have to reckon “Work” is a catchy song (Rihanna and Drake are my OTP so that is just one reason to like the song).

I think that is, pretty much, it. It’s not a lot but I have not been listening to anything completely new or different…

See you soon!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment