Sunday, 12 October 2014

WHY DID I CHOSE ADVERTISE AND PUBLIC RELATIONS?


If you’ve been reading my blog for a few months, you may know that I didn’t know what to study on University. To be honest, I didn’t want to study anything (I don’t even know if I wont to do it now). That decision made me feel a big amount of anxiety “how am I going to decide what to dedicate my live for if I don’t even know what I’m going to wear tomorrow?”

When I was a child I knew that I was going to be a fashion designer. There wasn’t any other option for me; that was what I wanted to dedicate my life to. And to be honest I still wanting to do it now; I just think that it is a difficult world to get into. In addition, it is more difficult in Spain because studying design is so expensive.

After that, I decided that I wanted to study Economy. I could see myself in meetings with important people, surrounded by numbers and numbers and spending the whole day in an office. I think I was blind by the idea that those people working in banks and big companies are so powerful and important. Thankfully, that idea changed last year.

A year ago I realized that I couldn’t spend 24/7 in an office because the creative part of me will make me feel desperate in less than the blink of an eye. That’s why I went back to fashion world; because I knew that, even if it was not the moment for me to be a designer, I wanted to work in something related to that. After a lot of research (and crying), I realized that public relations could give me that. I can be surrounded by all the things fashion world can offered me studying this.

I don’t know what I will be doing in ten years from now: maybe I will be working for channel (fingers crossed); or maybe I will be doing something completely different. The only thing I know is that since I can remember I’ve wanted to be surrounded by fashion and thankfully, right now I am studying for it. Who knows… maybe I am able to be a fashion designer after all. I am sure that it would make me truly happy.

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment